250g Dark chocolate, broken into chunks (can use GF or DF)
200ml Coles Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 cup Coles Brown Sugar
1 shot espresso coffee
1 vanilla bean, seeds scraped
1 teaspoon Coles Ground Cinnamon
½ teaspoon Coles Ground Cardamom
1 cup ground Coles Almond Meal (can use pepita see meal if nut-free)
6 eggs, separated yolks and whites in 2 bowls
1 tablespoon Wellness Road Organic Cacao Powder or icing sugar for dusting
1. Preheat oven to 160 degrees.
2. Line a 23cm cake tin with baking paper-sides and the base.
3. Place the chocolate and olive oil into a large bowl over a pot of simmering water and stir until the chocolate has melted.
4. Remove from the heat and stir the sugar, coffee, vanilla, cinnamon, cardamom and egg yolks into the chocolate mixture.
5. Beat the egg whites until they form soft peaks and then gently fold them through the chocolate mixture.
6. Pour the mixture into the prepared tin and bake in the oven for 45 minutes, or until a crust has formed on the top of the cake.
7. Allow the cake to cool in the tin before transferring to a serving plate.
8. Dust with cocoa or icing sugar before slicing into wedges.