Flip Shelton’s natural ‘nuts & seeds’ natural muesli
For those who are nuts about nutrition, this super-crunchy blend packs a protein punch and is high in omega-3s. People who wish to be ‘fruit-free’ love this one because of the eight different nuts & seeds including Brazil nuts, almonds, pecans, sunflower, pumpkin, sesame, chia and linseeds. Most mueslis are an expensive bowl of oats because they include little of the good stuff. Not mine! I don’t skimp and you shouldn’t settle for anything less than the best.
The blend contains generous portions of eight nuts and seeds in all shapes and sizes. From the tiny sesame seed to the mighty Brazil nut, they all pack a protein punch. And we keep them whole to maximise freshness and nutritional value.
- 35% nuts and seeds – almonds, Brazil nuts, pecans and pumpkin, sesame, sunflower, chia and linseeds.
- 65% cereals – rolled and quick oats, oat bran and amaranth.
WHY EAT THIS?
- Low GI.
- No cholesterol. Nuts, seeds and oats may even help reduce cholesterol in the body.
- 12% fibre, to help keep you regular.
- Plant-based protein and essential fatty acids.
- Rich in complex carbohydrates for sustained energy release.
- Contains key minerals, including iron, magnesium, selenium and zinc.
- High in omega-3 and key vitamins, including the antioxidant vitamin E.
- Easy to digest.
1 kg = 20 serves.