Flip Shelton’s ‘gluten-free, grain-free’ natural muesli
With the rise in consumer demand for gluten-free and grain-free products I created this product but the truth is, I created it for my husband, a Coeliac, and myself. I won’t sell any product I won’t eat myself.
This naturally delicious and nutritious blend contains buckwheat (a grass not a grain) which gives this crunchy muesli a lovely nutty taste; amaranth (a seed not a grain) along with generous portions of almonds, pecans, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds and sesame seeds which deliver a plant-based protein punch and crunch! Meanwhile, the dried apricots, currants and coconut add a touch of sweetness and softness to the bite.
- 40% nuts and seeds – almonds, pecans and pumpkin, sesame and sunflower seeds.
- 18% fruit – apricots and currants
- 18% buckwheat
- 10% coconut.
- 4% amaranth
WHY EAT THIS?
- Gluten free and grain free!
- Good source of iron, amino acids and vitamin E.
- High in fibre and complex carbohydrates.
- Good source of iron, potassium and zinc.
- Good source of plant-based protein and essential fatty acids.
- Naturally crunchy and sweet.
- Contains vitamins and minerals (including magnesium, selenium and zinc).