Zucchini Skewers with Cashew cream and seed dukkah
- 4 medium green zucchini, sliced into 1.5cm rounds
- 3 tablespoons Coles Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup pomegranate seeds to serve
- 1/3 cup mint leaves to serve
- 1 tablespoon Wellness Road Sesame Seeds
- 1 tablespoon Wellness Road Pumpkin Seeds, roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground sumac
- 1 teaspoon Coles Cumin Seeds Ground
- ¾ cup raw cashews, soaked in boiling water for 1 hour
- 1.5 tablespoon Coles Organic Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 teaspoon Coles Finest Pure Canadian Maple Syrup
- 1 teaspoon garlic infused oil
- Heat a small frying pan over a medium heat. Add the sesame and pumpkin seeds to the pan and toast for 1-2 minutes, or until golden. Add in the spices and 2 tablespoons of oil then season with salt and pepper. Place the mixture in a bowl and set aside to cool.
- Place the soaked cashews in a blending jug along with 1/3 cup of water, vinegar, maple syrup, garlic oil and a pinch of salt. Blitz until smooth and creamy.
- Heat a grill pan over a medium heat. Thread the zucchini rounds onto the skewers and drizzle with remaining oil and season with salt. Grill the skewers for 3 minutes each side, or until charred and tender.
- Place the zucchini skewers onto a serving platter and drizzle with a little of the cashew cream. Scatter with the seed mixture, pomegranate seeds and frsh mint before serving.
Serves 4 as a side/snack
(makes 8 skewers)
Courtney Roulston first rose to fame after finishing as a finalist in Series 2 of MasterChef Australia 2010.
Since 2011, Courtney has been working as the Head Chef at the Sydney Swans AFL team, cooking for the players and working closely with the Team Dietician.
For the past decade, she has also proudly represented Coles Supermarkets as an Ambassador and has had the pleasure of immersing herself within various events, media and catering jobs scattered throughout Australia.
Having recently participated in MasterChef Season 12 (All Stars Back to Win), you can also watch Courtney in Season 2 of the popular cooking series ‘Farm To Fork’ – currently airing on Network Ten.