Winter Warmer Low FODMAP Spinach Soup
- 1 bunch spring onions- green tips
- 1 leek – green tips chopped
- 1 medium potato peeled and chopped (2 if you want a thicker soup)
- 4 cups low FODMAP vegetable stock
- Olive oil eg 1-2 TBSP
- Garlic infused oil: 1-2 teaspoons
- Lactose free sour cream or lactose free natural yoghurt
This is a fave in our house- you would think kids would be put off the spinach idea but they constantly ask for it- bonus was the spinach being fresh from our garden- spinach being easy to grow and a great way to use up excess spinach! Get those gorgeous vitamins and antioxidants into you!
- Heat olive oil and garlic infused oil and add leek and spring onion tips- lightly fry until softens, takes around 5 minutes
- Add potato, spinach and stock. Bring to the boil then simmer for 15 minutes.
- Blend until smooth- add lactose free sour cream or lactose free natural yoghurt (if avoiding lactose).
Serve with fetta (optional) and low FODMAP sour dough bread
Untangling your diet intolerances is what I do. The Low FODMAP diet is a winner- quick results and life transformative.
For over 8 years I have worked with gut issues and looking across the range of food sensitivities be it whole foods such as dairy or wheat, FODMAPs and food chemical sensitivity (The Royal Prince Alfred Hospital diet). Tailoring the approach to your specific sensitivity profile. Finding safe foods.
Replacing lost nutrients. Providing nutritional plans to find a forward pathway. I love getting results – this is why I specialise as the Food Intolerance Dietitian for all ages from breast feeding babies to children, young adults, adults and of course older adults.
No drip feeding of information here- I am all about transferring my knowledge and experiences to empower you with managing your food sensitivities.
Check out my website (including blogs) to see how I can help you.