Wild Rice Stuffed Capsicums
Prep time 15 minutes
Cooking time 30 minutes
Serves 2 people
● 2 red capsicums
● ¾ cup wild rice
● 1 tsp ground cumin
● ½ tsp ground coriander
● ¼ tsp paprika
● ½ zucchini diced
● 1 tomato diced
● 1 cup spinach
● 1 tsp oil
● ¼ cup corn kernels from cob
● 2 tbsp peas
● 200ml passata
● 3 tbsp gluten free breadcrumbs
● 1 tsp chopped parsley
- Prepare capsicums by slicing off the tops and scooping out the flesh and seeds. Discard the tops and insides.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Bring a large saucepan of water to the boil and cook the wild rice for 10 minutes or until
tender. Strain and rinse with water.
- Heat the oil in a frypan and saute zucchini and tomato until softened slightly. Add in the peas, corn, passata, cumin, coriander and paprika and simmer for 5 minutes or until thickened slightly.
- Add in spinach and wild rice and cook until spinach has wilted.
- Scoop rice mix into capsicums and top with breadcrumbs. Place capsicums onto a lined tray and bake for 10-15 mins.
- Garnish with chopped parsley and serve.
Lydia Taylor is a current Nutrition Sciences student at Deakin University in Melbourne, Australia. She has a degree in Film and Television with Honours from Swinburne University and has been working within the digital space for over five years.
As one of many Australians suffering from a digestive disorder, Lydia is passionate about low FODMAP cooking and has shared her experience on Instagram. Lydia has also developed a Low FODMAP recipe eBook.
When Lydia isn’t in the kitchen developing recipes she spends time with her family and friends or curled up with a good book.