- 80 grams butter
- 1/4 cup of caster sugar
- 1 egg
- 220 grams of gluten free flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp xanthan gum (omit if flour mixture contains this already)
- pinch of salt
For the filling
- 150 grams cup icing sugar
- 30 grams of butter
- 4-5 strawberries
For the coating
- 250 grams of white chocolate
- 1/2 tbsp coconut oil
- Cream the butter and sugar together until fluffy.
- Add egg and beat again until combined.
- Sift in flour, baking powder, xanthan gum, and salt.
- Fold in with a wooden spoon until you can form into a ball.
- Preheat the oven to 180° celsius bake and line a tray with baking paper.
- Dust a flat surface with flour and roll out the dough with a rolling pin until about 0.5 cm thick. You may need to do this in two or three lots, depending on how much space you have.
- You can either use a rectangle cookie cutter or use a ruler to cut out the cookies, if you are
using a ruler, cut the biscuits into 3cm x 6cm rectangles and gently place them onto the lined baking tray.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes. Be careful not to overcook. Place on a cooling rack.
- While the biscuits are cooling, make the filling.
- Blend strawberries with a splash of water until smooth.
- In a large bowl beat the icing sugar and butter together and slowly add in the strawberry puree, about half a tablespoon at a time until you have a smooth and pipe-able consistency. You don’t want the icing to be runny, so don’t add to much puree.
- Pipe or spoon the icing onto half of the biscuits and sandwich the other biscuits on top. Set aside while you melt the chocolate.
- To melt the chocolate, boil a small pot of water in a saucepan and place a glass bowl over top.
- Break the chocolate into the bowl, add the coconut oil and stir until the chocolate is half melted.
- Once the chocolate is half melted, remove it from heat and continue stirring until the chocolate has all melted.
- Dip the sandwich biscuits into the white chocolate and place them on a tray covered with baking paper. Continue until they are all coated.
- Place the Tim Tams into the fridge to harden for a couple of hours and then enjoy!