PREP TIME: 10 mins
COOK TIME: 10 mins
Serves 2 people
For the sauce
- 1Tbsp smooth natural peanut butter
- 1Tbsp soy sauce (or tamari)
- 1Tbsp tamarind paste
- 1Tbsp vegan oyster sauce
- 1/2tsp ginger paste
- 1Tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1Tbsp lime juice (approx. the juice of 1/2 a lime)
For the noodles
- 150g brown rice noodles
- 1large carrot
- 1red bell pepper
- 2spring onions green tops only
- 1mild red chilli optional – if tolerated
- 100g pak choi
- 1Tbsp garlic-infused olive oil
- 2cups beansprouts
- 1cup edamame beans podded and steamed
- 2Tbsp fresh coriander finely chopped
- 2Tbsp peanuts chopped
- Combine all the ingredients for the sauce together in a small bowl and set aside.
- Cook the noodles according to the package instructions, drain and set aside.
- Peel and shave the carrot into ribbons; wash, deseed and dice the red pepper and chilli (if using); and slice the spring onions. Then wash the pak choi and slice into 1cm strips.
- Heat the oil in a wok and add the carrot and red pepper and cook for 3-4 minutes until softened.
- Now add the green spring onion tops, red chilli (if using) pak choi, beansprouts and edamame beans and cook for a further 3-4 minutes.
- Add the cooked noodles and sauce to the wok and stir to combine – cook this for another 2 minutes.
- Serve with the fresh coriander and chopped peanut scattered on top and another squeeze of lime juice.