Top 8 Free Chocolate Cake
- 1 cup (85g) desiccated coconut
- ½ cup (90g) potato starch
- ½ cup (70g) sorghum flour
- 1½ cups (250g) rapadura sugar / raw sugar
- 1 tsp bi-carb soda
- 2 tsps baking powder
- 1 tsp xanthan gum
- ⅔ cup (80g) raw cacao powder
- 45g coconut oil, melted
- 1 cup (250mls) water or dairy free milk
- 2 tsps vanilla extract
- To replace 2 eggs: 2 tsps Orgran No Egg Replacer + 60ml water
- Heat oven to 180 °C
- Make up Orgran No Egg to replace 2 eggs by placing 2 tsps No Egg and 60mls of water into a small jug and whisk with a fork.
- Toss all of the dry ingredients into a Thermomix or food processor and blitz until the desiccated coconut is fine like flour – about 10 secs.
- Add the melted coconut oil, vanilla extract, Orgran No Egg and water and mix until well combined.
- Place into a greased and lined cake tin or cupcake pans.
- Cook for 20 minutes if making cupcakes, and about 55 minutes if making a single cake.
- Decorate as desired.
Lisa Munro owns and runs Happy Tummies, an online business that helps families raise children with food allergies.
Lisa started Happy Tummies when her own son had multiple food allergies and Eosinophilic Oesophagitis and she struggled to find safe food locally for her son to eat. Her mission at Happy Tummies is to not only save other families like hers time, but to make sure that no one ever feels like they’re missing out because of their food allergies.