Tomato Honey Chicken
- 800g chicken thigh fillets
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup cornflour
- 1 cup GF plain flour
- 3/4 cup soda water
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup honey
- pinch of salt
- oil for frying
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- Dice chicken thigh into bite size cubes.
- Batter: Combine all ingredients and mix well with whisk until lump free.
- Coat chicken pieces in batter and fry in small batches until light golden in colour, then place on greased baking tray for 15 minutes in the oven to crisp up batter and finish cooking.
- To make honey sauce, combine all ingredients in a saucepan and bring to boil, then allow to simmer for 15 minutes until sugar dissolves and sauce thickens.
- Add chicken pieces to honey sauce and toss to coat. Serve with steamed rice.
Kathleen Hedger is a chef and mum of two boys, both who live with eosinophilic oesophagitis and severe allergies. Both her boys were diagnosed with allergies as infants and then as adolescents they were also diagnosed with eosinophilic oesophagitis.
Their allergies inspired Kathleen’s passion for developing allergy friendly recipes and being able to share them with others. Many of the allergy friendly recipes she has developed are being included in the ausEE Allergy Friendly Recipe Book.