Tofu Miso Ramen
- 6 tbsp miso paste
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 12 mushrooms
- 2-4 eggs (google how to make 64 degree egg)
- 250 tofu , cut into cubes
- 5 tbsp tamari
- 250g soba noodles
- Frozen organic corn (or fresh)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 spring onions , finely sliced on an angle
- Rocket, to serve
- Cook soba noodles as per packet directions
- pan fry tofu in 1 tbsp olive oil (I like to marinate the tofu for a few hours before hand in tamari, garlic + rice malt syrup)
- Add miso + tamari to 1.5L filtered water and bring to a simmer. Add mushrooms + corn and continue to simmer for 8 mins.
- TO SERVE add the broth to the bowl then the noodles & tofu. Add 64 degree cooked egg. Top with rocket or greens of choice.
Fun fact: put your mushrooms in the sun to increase their vitamin D content
Hi, I’m Kara
A clinical nutritionist with a passion for helping women understand their bodies, build positive relationships with food and take control of their health naturally.
I hold a Bachelors degree in Health Science (Nutritional Medicine) and have been working and studying within the health industry for over 6 years. I have a special interest in female health, PCOS, Acne, Endometriosis and gut-related concerns such as IBS, food allergies and intolerances.
“Health is much more than merely the food that fuels us, it’s about appreciating your body and using diet and lifestyle as a tool to optimize your wellbeing.”
I have a real passion for using the power of nutrition and natural therapies to help restore the body and I know that food has the ability to be our greatest form of medicine. I haven’t always experienced health as I do now, in my early 20’s I suffered from polycystic ovaries, acne, and anxiety. What I thought was ‘healthy’ for my body was actually making these states worse.
I battled for 5 years with weight fluctuations and PCOS. As a healthy young woman, I visited multiple GPs and specialists WHILST studying nutrition. The dietary “norms” and advice I was given by the “professionals” simply weren’t working. Nothing was adding up and it drove me crazy.
Having experienced health complications and hormonal imbalances myself and helping 100’s of women, I understand what it’s like, and I want help to give my clients the tools they need to start feeling their best again. I believe in eating nutrient-dense, delicious foods, feeling inspired and most importantly feeling empowered, confident and beautiful in your own skin.