Prep time 15 minutes
Cooking time 45 minutes
Makes 12 – 14 slices
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- ¾ cup raw sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 ½ cup gluten free self-raising flour
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 carrot, peeled & grated
- 125 grams lactose-free softened cream cheese
- ½ cup icing sugar
- ¼ cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC. Grease and line a 24cm loaf tin.
- In a large bowl mix together oil, sugar and eggs.
- Add in flour and cinnamon and fold through grated carrot. Place mixture into lined loaf tin.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until cooked through and golden brown. Test that a skewer comes out clean.
- Allow cake to cool for 10 minutes in tin. Turn out and allow to completely cool.
- Once cool, use an electric beater to mix cream cheese and icing sugar until combined and fluffy.
- Spread icing over the top of the cake and top with chopped walnuts to serve.