- 6-8Cherry tomatoes
- 15g Basil (finely chopped)
- 50g Grated cheese (cheddar)
- 1tbsp Garlic-infused oil
- 8Black olives
- Preheat the oven to 220 degrees Celsius or gas mark 7.
- Slice the aubergine in half length-ways, and score a criss-cross pattern. Remove the aubergine flesh carefully and place to one side.
- Brush the aubergine shells with garlic-infused oil, season well and bake in the oven.
- While the aubergine is baking, finely chop the olives, cherry tomatoes, courgette and aubergine flesh.
- Fry a little oil in a pan and add the finely chopped vegetables.
- Once softened, add the basil and remove the aubergine shells from the oven. Turn the oven down to 200 degrees Celsius or gas mark 6.
- Stuff the shells with the filling mixture and top with grated cheddar cheese.
- Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes, then serve.
These are gluten free, vegetarian, low FODMAP and can easily be adapted for dairy free diets too.
Alice Nicholson is a low FODMAP food blogger based in the UK. She loves to share ideas and create recipes that not only taste delicious, but support a happy, healthy gut. Having suffered with IBS for many years, she is finding ways to enjoy food again, while managing the symptoms.
Alice has recently released her first online e-book ‘A Beginner’s Guide to the Low FODMAP Diet’ which is available through her website. Here she shares over 40 recipes, along with tips and tricks for living with IBS.