- 2 cups self-raising flour
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons spice of choice (eg. ground cinnamon and ginger)
- 4 tablespoons dairy free margarine
- 3/4 cup mashed pumpkin
- 1-2 tablespoons dairy free milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Spiced Glaze Ingredients
- 1/2 cup icing sugar
- 2-3 teaspoons dairy free milk
- 1/2 teaspoon spice of choice (as above)
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees. Line a baking sheet with baking paper.
- In a large bowl, mixed the flour, sugar, salt and spices until everything is combined.
- With fingertips rub in the dairy free margarine until mixture is like crumble. Then, add in the pumpkin, dairy free milk and vanilla. Fold everything together. The dough will be a little wet and sticky.
- Drop the dough onto a lined and lightly floured baking sheet and shape the dough into a large approximately 2cm thick circle.
- Using a knife or pizza cutter, cut it into 8 slices.
- Bake approximately 20 minutes until light brown. Remove from the oven and allow to cool on a wire rack.
- Glaze: While the scones are baking, make the glaze. Mix icing sugar and spices and add dairy free milk one teaspoon at a time until you get the desired consistency.
- Drizzle with glaze while still warm.