Spiced Glazed Pumpkin Scones
- 2 cups self-raising flour
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons spice of choice (eg. ground cinnamon and ginger)
- 4 tablespoons dairy free margarine
- 3/4 cup mashed pumpkin
- 1-2 tablespoons dairy free milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Spiced Glaze Ingredients
- 1/2 cup icing sugar
- 2-3 teaspoons dairy free milk
- 1/2 teaspoon spice of choice (as above)
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees. Line a baking sheet with baking paper.
- In a large bowl, mixed the flour, sugar, salt and spices until everything is combined.
- With fingertips rub in the dairy free margarine until mixture is like crumble. Then, add in the pumpkin, dairy free milk and vanilla. Fold everything together. The dough will be a little wet and sticky.
- Drop the dough onto a lined and lightly floured baking sheet and shape the dough into a large approximately 2cm thick circle.
- Using a knife or pizza cutter, cut it into 8 slices.
- Bake approximately 20 minutes until light brown. Remove from the oven and allow to cool on a wire rack.
- Glaze: While the scones are baking, make the glaze. Mix icing sugar and spices and add dairy free milk one teaspoon at a time until you get the desired consistency.
- Drizzle with glaze while still warm.
Sarah Gray is the President and Founder of ausEE Inc.
Australia’s peak national support and patient advocacy organisation representing Australians living with eosinophilic gastrointestinal disorders.
She has two daughters, the eldest, Bella, was diagnosed with eosinophilic oesophagitis at 18 months of age and was the catalyst for forming the charity, ausEE Inc.
In 2009. Sarah is dedicated to ausEE’s mission to improve lives affected by eosinophilic disorders through providing support, evidence-based information, resources and campaigning to raise awareness and funds for further research in Australia.