- Par Dehydrated Olives
- Fresh Basil
- Fresh Native Thyme
- Goat Labne*
- Olive Oil
- Preheat your oven to 120 degrees.
- Slice your tomatoes into approx 5mm thickness. You can also slice cherry tomatoes in half they will just take longer to bake. Sprinkle with a generous amount of salt, cracked pepper, native thyme and a generous lug of good olive oil.
- Into the oven for 1-2 hours. You want the colour of your tomatoes to have deepened. This depends on the colour of tomatoes you have chosen. They want to look par hydrated but still soft to the touch. Juices shouldn’t just come out of them, they will taste a lot stronger in flavour.
- I dehydrate my own olives, you could also buy them. If you want to make them yourself choose the olives you like, ideally no pits! If you don’t own a dehydrater you can do it in the oven. Set the oven to 70 degrees and leave them for 1-2 hours. If you don’t slice the olives they will take longer.
- Choose a serving dish. Start rustically layering all ingredients. Add more seasoning if needed. Once all ingredients are on the serving dish drizzle with good olive oil. Serve as an entree with toasted gluten free bread. Or make a larger amount and have as a delicious summer salad.
* This recipe can also be made with Almond Feta, Goats Brie, Labne, Mozzarella, Bocconcini.