Savoury Bread Cases
- 2 cups cooked mashed potatoes
- Suitable sandwich loaf bread or tortillas
- spray oil or dairy free spread
- dairy free cheese (optional)
- Mushroom Filling
- 1 red onion
- 200g sliced mushrooms
- 400g can kidney beans
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- Pinch chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian herb blend
Other Filling Suggestions
- leftover stew or curry
- bolognese sauce
- tomato, bacon and tomato
- plain mashed potato
- sauted vegetables
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Cut crust from bread and roll until thin. If using tortillas cut around a small plate to get right size.
- Spray both sides of the bread with oil and press into muffin tin.
- If using dairy free spread then spread one side and place that side down in tin.
- Cook in oven until light golden brown, approximately 10 minutes.
- Fill cases with filling and top with mashed potato.
- Sprinkle with grated cheese or spray with oil.
- Return tray to oven and cook until heated through and light golden. Be careful not to burn the bread cases.
- Heat frying pan over medium heat.
- Add oil and onion and sauté until starting to brown.
- Add mushrooms and continue sautéing until cooked.
- Add beans and seasoning and stir through until heated.
Marion Stock is the proud mother of three grown children and grandmother to six grandchildren.
Sarah Gray, President and Founder of ausEE Inc. is her second daughter and Bella Gray is her eldest grandchild. Marion is very family orientated and cooking is one of her passions.
Since Bella’s diagnosis of EoE and anaphylaxis risk allergies, Marion has adapted and created many recipes to cater to her dietary needs. Marion has been one of the test cooks for ausEE’s Allergy Friendly Recipe Book which is due to be published by the end of the year.