- 2 cups cooked mashed potatoes
- Suitable sandwich loaf bread or tortillas
- spray oil or dairy free spread
- dairy free cheese (optional)
- Mushroom Filling
- 1 red onion
- 200g sliced mushrooms
- 400g can kidney beans
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- Pinch chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian herb blend
Other Filling Suggestions
- leftover stew or curry
- bolognese sauce
- tomato, bacon and tomato
- plain mashed potato
- sauted vegetables
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Cut crust from bread and roll until thin. If using tortillas cut around a small plate to get right size.
- Spray both sides of the bread with oil and press into muffin tin.
- If using dairy free spread then spread one side and place that side down in tin.
- Cook in oven until light golden brown, approximately 10 minutes.
- Fill cases with filling and top with mashed potato.
- Sprinkle with grated cheese or spray with oil.
- Return tray to oven and cook until heated through and light golden. Be careful not to burn the bread cases.
- Heat frying pan over medium heat.
- Add oil and onion and sauté until starting to brown.
- Add mushrooms and continue sautéing until cooked.
- Add beans and seasoning and stir through until heated.