Prep time: 25 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes
Serves: 4 as an entree
- 450g skinless chicken thighs
- Wooden skewers
For the marinade:
- 42 g (2 tbsp) soy sauce
- 25g (1 tbsp) peanut butter
- 12g (1 tbsp) brown sugar
- 5 g (1 tsp) garlic infused olive oil
For the satay:
- 200ml (7oz) coconut milk
- 75g peanut butter
- 21g (1 tbsp) soy sauce
- 4g (2 tsp) curry powder (no onion or garlic)
- 2g (½ tsp) chilli powder (optional)
- 5g (1 tbsp) Kfibre
- Preheat oven to 220° Celsius (430° Fahrenheit).
- Marinade the chicken. Combine soy sauce, peanut butter, brown sugar and garlic infused olive oil to a dish whisk to mix together. Cut chicken thighs into strips and toss in the marinade. Place aside for about 20 minutes.
- Thread the marinated chicken on wooden skewers and place in a single layer on a lined baking tray. Bake for 25 minutes, turning once until lightly golden.
- Make the satay. Combine coconut milk, peanut butter, soy sauce curry powder, chilli powder (if using) and Kfibre in a pot over a low heat. Heat gently, stirring constantly until desired consistency is reached.
- Serve chicken skewers with satay dipping sauce.
Dairy free: no modifications necessary
Gluten Free: Use gluten free soy sauce. Ensure curry powder is gluten free.
Monash University Low FODMAP Certified™ recipe: One serving of a meal made in accordance with this recipe can assist with following the Monash University Low FODMAP diet™. A strict low FODMAP diet should only be commenced under the supervision of a healthcare professional.