- 1 cup of walnuts
- 1/2 a cup of almonds
- a pinch of salt
- 10 big, soft medjule dates
- a dash of agave or coconut nectar or maple syrup
- 1 cup of raw cashews
- a small handful of spinach
- 2 limes
- 1/2 a cup of coconut oil
- 2 table spoons of sweetener (agave or coconut nectar)
- fresh fruit (to go on top of the lime pie)
To make this Raw Key Lime Pie you will need a pie dish with the pop out middle bit (not sure what they are called) and a food processor.
Before you begin
Soak 1 cup of raw cashews in water for about 2 to 4 hours.
- Put a cup of walnuts, half a cup of almonds, a little salt (I use pink himalayan) about 10 big soft medjule dates, and a dash of agave or coconut nectar even maple syrup into the food processor, and process until it is combined and will press and hold together when pinched.
- Press the mix into the tin and smooth it over leaving no holes, if you have a big tin you might need to up the nuts and dates in the mix. Once its done put it in the fridge.
- Now have a cup of raw cashews that have been soaked and rinsed in water for 2 to 4 hours, put them in a blender with a small handful of spinach, the flesh of 2 limes, half a cup of warmed coconut oil (leave it in the sun or you can submerge it in hot water) 2 table spoons of sweetener in agave or coconut nectar- if you want it sweeter add more.
- Blend the mix until it’s super smooth, taste test it for lime and sweetness and adjust how you want it then pour the mix into the pre-made pie crust and sit in the fridge for a few hours to set.
- Decorate the top with fruit.