Potato & Chickpea Cakes
- 2 cups mashed potatoes (approx.)
- 1 tin chickpeas, drained, reserving approximately 2 tablespoons chickpea brine to be an egg replacer
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Chopped herbs of choice eg. chives, parsley (optional)
- Breadcrumbs for coating (can use gluten free)
- Place mashed potatoes in a bowl. Add chickpeas and lightly mash.
- Add chickpea brine, herbs and seasonings and mix well to combine.
- Shape the mixture into patties and roll in breadcrumbs.
- Heat some rice bran oil in a large frypan and cook patties over a medium-high heat until golden and crispy on both sides.
Sarah Gray is the President and Founder of ausEE Inc.
Australia’s peak national support and patient advocacy organisation representing Australians living with eosinophilic gastrointestinal disorders.
She has two daughters, the eldest, Bella, was diagnosed with eosinophilic oesophagitis at 18 months of age and was the catalyst for forming the charity, ausEE Inc.
In 2009. Sarah is dedicated to ausEE’s mission to improve lives affected by eosinophilic disorders through providing support, evidence-based information, resources and campaigning to raise awareness and funds for further research in Australia.