- 2 cups mashed potatoes (approx.)
- 1 tin chickpeas, drained, reserving approximately 2 tablespoons chickpea brine to be an egg replacer
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Chopped herbs of choice eg. chives, parsley (optional)
- Breadcrumbs for coating (can use gluten free)
- Place mashed potatoes in a bowl. Add chickpeas and lightly mash.
- Add chickpea brine, herbs and seasonings and mix well to combine.
- Shape the mixture into patties and roll in breadcrumbs.
- Heat some rice bran oil in a large frypan and cook patties over a medium-high heat until golden and crispy on both sides.