Overnight Oats with Berry Chia Jam
Prep time: 10 minutes
- ¾ cup rolled oats
- ⅔ cup lactose free or almond milk
- 4 tablespoons lactose free plain or Greek yoghurt
Berry Chia Jam
- ½ cup frozen raspberries
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons chia seeds
Berry Chia Jam
- 4 teaspoons peanut butter
- 6 teaspoons hot water
- In a bowl, add oats, milk and yoghurt. Stir to combine. Cover and set in the fridge for 30 minutes to overnight.
- Add raspberries to a small bowl and microwave for 20 seconds to slightly softened. Use a fork to break the raspberries up. Add in maple syrup and chia seeds stirring to combine. Cover and set in the fridge alongside oats.
- When ready to serve, add raspberry jam on top of oats. Combine peanut butter and hot water together and drizzle over the top. Enjoy!
Hey, I’m Lydia, a recipe book author and passionate home cook living in Melbourne Australia with my partner and two cats.
At the beginning of 2016, I found out that I have fructose malabsorption. After over eight months of feeling progressively sicker, it was a relief to finally have an explanation.
Whilst a diagnosis was a relief, I struggled with understanding what I could cook due to restriction and found myself lacking inspiration. I would find myself thinking ‘where has the flavour gone?’ and as part of my journey, I’ve seen and connected with others that feel the same way.
I’ve always enjoyed cooking and wanted to get back to a place where I felt passionate about it again. I created an Instagram @lowfodmapcooking to share my gut health journey and recipe inspiration. In 2020, I released a Low FODMAP recipe ebook with over 80 recipes and created this website to share even more recipes along with helpful articles.
Currently I’m studying Nutrition Sciences at Deakin University to pursue a career focused on nutrition and health promotion. I also have a degree in Film and Television with Honours from Swinburne University and have been working within the digital space for over six years.
Wherever you are on your gut health journey I hope you find this website helpful and inspiring to create delicious dishes in your kitchen.