Muesli bar ingredients
- 2cups puffed grains (e.g. puffed quinoa, rice or millet)
- 1cup of dried fruit (e.g. raisins, sultanas, cranberries, dates, figs etc)
- 1/4cup seed combination (e.g. pepitas and sunflower seeds)
- 1/2cup cup brown rice syrup
- 1/2cup tahini
- 3tbsp coconut oil
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch of sea salt
Dark chocolate drizzle (optional)
- 3tablespoons of cacao
- 3tablespoons of maple syrup
- 3tablespoons of melted coconut oil
- Place millet, dried fruit, and seeds into a medium/large bowl.
- In a saucepan, bring the brown rice syrup, tahini, and coconut oil to a boil, stirring to prevent it catching.
- Simmer about a minute then remove from heat, add vanilla and sea salt and pour over millet mix.
- Transfer the combined muesli mixture into a lined tray pressing down evenly into the tray. I use baking paper over the top when flattening with my hands.
- To lace over with chocolate simply combine the three ingredients into a small bowl. Whisk by hand until smooth and drizzle over the prepared muesli.
- Place in the fridge till set. I keep it in slices in the freezer to make them crunchy and chewy. But they will keep in a container for about a week.
Allergy Information: Dairy Free, Wheat Free, Gluten Free, Egg Free, Tree Nut Free, Soy Free.