● ½ cup water
● 2 tbsp miso paste (white or dark)
● 1 tbsp tamari
● 2 tsp peanut oil
● ⅓ cup maple syrup
● 1 cup of rinsed basmati rice
● 200ml of coconut milk
● ¾ cup water
● 1 medium to large eggplant diced
● 1 bunch bok choy (optional to chop)
● 1 lebanese cucumber in ribbons
● Coriander to serve
● Sesame seeds to serve
● Chili to serve (optional)
● Spring onion (green tips) to serve
- Combine miso sauce ingredients into a bowl and set aside.
- Add eggplant to an oven proof dish. Drizzle with olive oil, add salt and place into the ovenat 180°C for 15 minutes until eggplant has softened.
- Once softened, pour miso sauce over eggplant, ensuring to coat well, and bake for anadditional 5 minutes.
- Whilst eggplant cooks, add rice, coconut milk and water to a medium sized pot and bring to boil.
- Once boiling, turn heat to low and cover for 15 minutes.
- Uncover and cook for another 5 minutes or until rice is fluffy and liquid is gone.
- Add olive oil to a small frypan and heat on medium.
- Add in bok choy and soy sauce, cooking for approximately 5 minutes until bok choy has softened.
- Serve rice, miso eggplant, bok choy together with fresh cucumber, spring onion, coriander, sesame seeds and chilli.