Meat Free Sausage Rolls
- 400g (1 tin) lentils
- ½ cup rolled oats
- ¼ cup walnuts
- ½ tsp minced garlic
- ½ tsp mixed herbs
- 2 tbsp low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tbsp low sodium BBQ sauce
- 2 tbsp linseed meal
- 1 large carrot
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 sheets puff pastry (note:
- Pampas are vegan-friendly)
+ milk of choice and sesame seeds to top
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees C and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Add lentils, oats and walnuts to a food processor and blend until finely chopped.
- Add in spices, sauce, onion and linseed meal and mix until combined.
- Grate a carrot then drain the liquid by placing into a paper towel and squeezing. Once drained, add carrot into the mixture.
- Cut puff pastry sheets in half lengthways and divide mixture into 4.
- Roll each quarter into long sausages and place in the centre of each puff pastry half.
- Roll the pastry around the sausage and then cut into 4 even rolls.
- Repeat for each pastry sheet – you should end up with 16 rolls.
- Brush the milk over each roll, sprinkling sesame seeds on top if desired.
- Place into preheated oven for 25-30 mins or until puffed and golden.
Eloise is an Accredited Practicing Dietitian and Nutritionist based in Brisbane, Australia.
She is a passionate and ambitious health professional, committed to improving the health and wellbeing of others.
She is currently working clinically in a hospital but loves to create and share her passion for everything health and nutrition related online.