Low FODMAP - Penne alla Vodka
- 1/2 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp garlic infused olive oil
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1/3 cup vodka
- 3 common tomatoes
- 1/2 cup lactose free cream
- 2 tbsp parmesan
- 2 cups gluten free penne
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Servings 4 people
- Rinse the tomatoes and chop them in half. Using a high speed blender, blend them until smooth. Strain over a bowl to remove the seeds. Discard the seeds and keep the remaining liquid.
- Bring a saucepan 3/4 full of salted water to the boil for your pasta.
- In a frying pan, add the butter, oil and paprika and fry off until fragrant.
- Add the tomato paste and stir, turning the heat down.
- Once the pan has cooled slightly, add the vodka and cook until it has reduced and the smell is no longer overpowering.
- Add the tomato liquid, cream and parmesan and bring to a gentle simmer to thicken while you cook the pasta. Stir a tablespoon of plain flour through the sauce if you’d like yours thicker.
- Once the pasta is cooked, drain it thoroughly and add it to the saucepan and toss it with the sauce.
- Serve with more parmesan and fresh basil if desired.
Lindsay Fordham is a low FODMAP recipe developer and food photographer, and the creator behind That Lofo Life. She is passionate about creating easy, accessible recipes for those with food sensitivities. She has recently released a low FODMAP Cookie eBook on her website.
Lindsay lives in Sydney NSW and works during the week as a Speech Pathologist, pursuing her passion for food and photography outside of work.
Please let me know if there’s anything else you need, and once again thank you for this wonderful opportunity!