- 1 large zucchini
- ½ cup gluten free flour
- 2 eggs whisked
- ¾ cup gluten free breadcrumbs
- salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 100g tomato paste
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- ½ cup mozzarella cheese
- Basil to serve
- Preheat a fan forced oven to 180°C. Line a baking tray and set aside.
- Cut the zucchini into large disks, 1cm thick.
- Set aside three bowls; one with flour, one with eggs and one with breadcrumbs, salt and pepper. Whisk the eggs.
- Crumb the zucchini by dipping each disk into the flour, then egg mixture and then into breadcrumbs.
- Add olive oil into the frypan and heat to medium-high heat. Cook the zucchini on each side for 1 – 2 minutes until golden brown.
- While the zucchini is cooking, in a saucepan combine the tomato paste and oregano.
- Place all zucchini disks onto the baking tray. Add one teaspoon of tomato paste onto each piece and top with cheese.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until the cheese is golden.
- Serve with fresh basil.