Low Fodmap + GF
Zucchini Parmigiana Bites
Cook live with an IBS Dietitian. In this live Chelsea (@IBS_Dietitan) shows us how to cook a simple starter or snack to share with your friends and family. The recipe is low FODMAP, gluten free, soy free, nut free and there is a dairy free option too!
- 1 large zucchini
- ½ cup gluten free flour
- 2 eggs whisked
- ¾ cup gluten free breadcrumbs
- salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 100g tomato paste
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- ½ cup mozzarella cheese
- Basil to serve
- Preheat a fan forced oven to 180°C. Line a baking tray and set aside.
- Cut the zucchini into large disks, 1cm thick.
- Set aside three bowls; one with flour, one with eggs and one with breadcrumbs, salt and pepper. Whisk the eggs.
- Crumb the zucchini by dipping each disk into the flour, then egg mixture and then into breadcrumbs.
- Add olive oil into the frypan and heat to medium-high heat. Cook the zucchini on each side for 1 – 2 minutes until golden brown.
- While the zucchini is cooking, in a saucepan combine the tomato paste and oregano.
- Place all zucchini disks onto the baking tray. Add one teaspoon of tomato paste onto each piece and top with cheese.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until the cheese is golden.
- Serve with fresh basil.
Chelsea is a Dietitian based in Brisbane, Australia.
She has a virtual clinic where she coaches clients 1:1 to help reduce their bloat and determine their food triggers. Prior to being a Dietitian, she was a Recipe Developer in Sydney.
She loves cooking FODMAP friendly meals and making IBS bearable with delicious food. She completed her degree in Australia but has continued professional development in Australian and abroad in the UK.