Low FODMAP, Dairy Free, Gluten-Free, Vegan
- 200g basmati rice
- ¼ cup buckwheat kernels
- ¼ cup hazelnuts
- 1 lime
- 30g dried cranberries
- 60mL extra virgin olive oil
- 10mL (1/2 tbsp) garlic infused olive oil
- 4 spring onion green tops only
- ¼ cup fresh flat leaf parsley
- ¼ cup fresh basil
- 50g rocket leaves
- Preheat oven to 150C. Spread hazelnuts and buckwheat kernels over a baking tray and toast in the oven for 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove and set aside to cool. Once cooled roughly chop the hazelnuts.
- Put basmati rice in a saucepan with 400mL cold water and bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, turn down the heat to low, cover and allow the rice to absorb the water for approximately 10 minutes or until cooked.
- Meanwhile, roughly chop the herbs and thinly slice the spring onion tops.
- Remove the rice from the heat with the lid still on and allow to stand for 5 minutes before fluffing up with a fork and transferring to a large bowl.
- To make the dressing, zest and juice the lime and combine with the olive oil, chopped herbs and a pinch of salt.
- Once the rice is cool, mix in a large bowl with the hazelnuts, buckwheat, cranberries and spring onion tops.
- Just before serving, gently stir through the rocket and salad dressing.