Lemon Blueberry Pancakes
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
- 1 egg
- 1 cup lactose free milk
- 1 1/4 cups gluten free plain flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Pinch salt
- 1/2 tablespoon melted butter cooled
- zest of one lemon
- Olive oil spray
- 1/2 cup frozen blueberries
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- In a large bowl, whisk together the egg and milk.
- Add in flour, baking powder, salt, melted butter and lemon zest. Mix to combine until nice and
- Spray a medium sized frypan with olive oil and bring to medium heat.
- Ladle in a large scoop of pancake batter and cook for 2 – 3 minutes or until bubbles start to
appear on the surface. Flip over and cook for another 1 – 2 minutes. Repeat for the remaining
- Add blueberries to a small bowl and place in the microwave for 20 – 30 seconds. Once the berries
are defrosted and are leaving liquid in the bowl stir in lemon juice and maple syrup.
- Serve blueberry mix on top of pancakes and enjoy!
Hey, I’m Lydia, a recipe book author and passionate home cook living in Melbourne Australia with my partner and two cats.
At the beginning of 2016, I found out that I have fructose malabsorption. After over eight months of feeling progressively sicker, it was a relief to finally have an explanation.
Whilst a diagnosis was a relief, I struggled with understanding what I could cook due to restriction and found myself lacking inspiration. I would find myself thinking ‘where has the flavour gone?’ and as part of my journey, I’ve seen and connected with others that feel the same way.
I’ve always enjoyed cooking and wanted to get back to a place where I felt passionate about it again. I created an Instagram @lowfodmapcooking to share my gut health journey and recipe inspiration. In 2020, I released a Low FODMAP recipe ebook with over 80 recipes and created this website to share even more recipes along with helpful articles.
Currently I’m studying Nutrition Sciences at Deakin University to pursue a career focused on nutrition and health promotion. I also have a degree in Film and Television with Honours from Swinburne University and have been working within the digital space for over six years.
Wherever you are on your gut health journey I hope you find this website helpful and inspiring to create delicious dishes in your kitchen.