- 500ml soy milk (full-fat)
- 50g vegan dark chocolate
- 1/4 cup coconut cream
- 3 Tbsp cacao powder
- 2 Tbsp golden syrup
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- Finely grate 2 squares of chocolate. Set aside.
- Break remaining chocolate into individual squares.
- In a small saucepan, heat 50ml of soy milk over low temperature.
- Once the milk is hot, add golden syrup, cacao powder, 8 squares of chocolate and vanilla (if using). Stir with a whisk or wooden spoon until combined.
- Gradually add the remainder of milk, being careful to add only a small amount at a time and to combine completely before adding more. This is important, as if you add too much too quickly, the mixture will split.
- Continue to heat, stirring constantly for another 3-5 minutes, until desired temperature is reached.
- Remove from heat, add 1/4 cup coconut cream and stir until combined.
- Serve immediately, top with coconut cream and grated chocolate.