Gut friendly simple Almond Cake
- ½ tablespoon coconut oil for the pan
- 4 large eggs
- ½ cup rice malt syrup or honey
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1½ cups almond meal
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat your oven to 180. grease a nonstick cake pan with soft coconut oil.
- In a large bowl, lightly whisk the eggs. whisk in the honey, vanilla, almond flour, salt and baking soda.
- Use a spatula to transfer the batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake until cooked through approx 22-25 minutes.
- Cool the cake, in the pan on a cooling rack, for 10 minutes. Then top with @botanikablends dream jelly + creamy cashew icing
✨Dreamy Jelly ✨is a vegan jelly (no gelatin) that is designed to help you feel calm, cool and collected.
It contains a key ingredient, tryptophan, which plays a crucial role in serotonin in the brain.
You can have dream jelly on it’s own or get creative with it and add it to your fav baked goods 🤤
Hi, I’m Kara
A clinical nutritionist with a passion for helping women understand their bodies, build positive relationships with food and take control of their health naturally.
I hold a Bachelors degree in Health Science (Nutritional Medicine) and have been working and studying within the health industry for over 6 years. I have a special interest in female health, PCOS, Acne, Endometriosis and gut-related concerns such as IBS, food allergies and intolerances.
“Health is much more than merely the food that fuels us, it’s about appreciating your body and using diet and lifestyle as a tool to optimize your wellbeing.”
I have a real passion for using the power of nutrition and natural therapies to help restore the body and I know that food has the ability to be our greatest form of medicine. I haven’t always experienced health as I do now, in my early 20’s I suffered from polycystic ovaries, acne, and anxiety. What I thought was ‘healthy’ for my body was actually making these states worse.
I battled for 5 years with weight fluctuations and PCOS. As a healthy young woman, I visited multiple GPs and specialists WHILST studying nutrition. The dietary “norms” and advice I was given by the “professionals” simply weren’t working. Nothing was adding up and it drove me crazy.
Having experienced health complications and hormonal imbalances myself and helping 100’s of women, I understand what it’s like, and I want help to give my clients the tools they need to start feeling their best again. I believe in eating nutrient-dense, delicious foods, feeling inspired and most importantly feeling empowered, confident and beautiful in your own skin.