Gut Friendly Chocolate Mousse with Red Papaya
- 2 cups Ruby Rise red papaya, peeled, deseeded, diced & pre-frozen for minimum 2 hours
- 3/4 cup full fat canned coconut milk
- 3 tbsp cacao powder
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- Thick vanilla coconut yoghurt
- Vegan dark chocolate, shavings
- In a blender combine all ingredients until creamy.
- Pour into serving glasses and refrigerate to thicken.
Serve topped with coconut yoghurt and dark chocolate shavings.
- Optional – add 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Optional – add 1/2-1 cup frozen banana pieces
- Sweeten to liking with extra maple syrup to taste
- If you have frozen chopped papaya overnight, you may need to allow to slightly soften before blending. Depending on your blender.
Recipe is gluten free, dairy free, egg free and vegan friendly.
Passionate about helping others to live a healthier life, nutritionist, naturopath, recipe developer and mum of two Casey-Lee Lyons from Live Love Nourish shares nutrition tips and wholefood recipes that nourish from the inside out.
Through her refreshing approach to health she aims to help others feel empowered
and inspired to live a nourishing, healthy and happy life. She also specialises in healthy recipes free from gluten, dairy and other dietary requirements.