Golden Gut Bliss Balls
Free from gluten, dairy, egg and refined sugar, low FODMAP and vegan optional
Serves: 10-20 (makes 20 balls)
Prep time: 15-20 min
Total Time: 1.5 hr
- 1 1/2 C desiccated coconut
- 1 1/2 C almond meal
- 1/2 C coconut oil
- 1/3 C rice malt syrup
- 1/2 C coconut butter
- 4 tsp ground turmeric
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground cardamom
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 2 Tbsp plain collagen powder (optional)
- Place desiccated coconut, almond meal, turmeric, ginger, cinnamon, cardamom, ground pepper (and optional plain collagen) in a large bowl
- Put coconut oil and coconut butter in a saucepan and melt on a low heat. When melted, add the rice malt syrup and heat for 1 minute
- Pour wet ingredients into the dry ingredients bowl and combine until mixture clumps together (you need clean hands for this job)
- Gently roll into tight balls and place on tray (mixture isn’t as ‘sticky’ due to the absence of dry fruit)
- Place in fridge to set for at least 1 hour
- Enjoy 1-2 balls and store the remainder in an airtight container in the fridge or freezer.
Rachel Larsson is a qualified naturopath and nutritionist that specialises in gut health issues such as IBS and SIBO as well as bloating, food allergies and intolerances, detoxification and food anxiety.
Rachel has a passion for facilitating meaningful change and helping individuals live their best life. She has a unique approach to supporting her patients through her Gut Feeling to Gut Healing Program which combines gut health, food as medicine, functional testing, evidence-based medicine, nutritional biochemistry and mindfulness.
Her expertise has led to collaborations with the likes of·I Quit Sugar, Mind Body Spirit Festival, Food Matters, Nourish Melbourne and Nourished Life.