Gluten Free Roasted Vegetable Pasta
- 1 eggplant, cut into cubes
- 1 red capsicum, cut into pieces
- 1 red onion, cut into chunks
- 4 garlic cloves, whole with skin on
- A good glug of extra virgin olive oil + 1 tbsp extra for serving
- @mingleseasoning Spanish seasoning (optional, you can substitute this for 1 tsp smoked paprika)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 250g buckwheat pasta spirals
- 2 tbsp cashew cheese
- Juice from 1 lemon
- 3 tbsp fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 200C and line a tray with baking paper.
- Add the veggies to the tray then drizzle with enough olive oil to cover and season with Spanish seasoning (or paprika), salt and pepper. Bake in the oven for 30 minutes (after 20 minutes, give everything a stir to ensure everything cooks evenly).
- While the vegetables are baking, cook the buckwheat pasta in boiling water, according to instructions (approx 7 mins). Drain and rinse under cold water.
- While the pasta is still hot, drizzle with 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil and cashew cheese. Give everything a good stir to ensure everything is evenly coated and to prevent the pasta sticking together.
- When the veggies are cooked add them to the dressed pasta, followed by the lemon juice and parsley. Give it a taste and add more salt and pepper as needed.
Laura is an Accredited Practising Dietitian who enjoys staying up to date with the latest nutrition and food trends. Laura works full time as a corporate dietitian specialising in weight loss and has a social media following across Instagram and TikTok.
Laura loves to spend her free time working out, experimenting in the kitchen, and exploring and eating her way across Melbourne.