Gluten Free Rice Pilaf
- 2 Tbsp butter or ghee (or olive oil)
- 1 cup GF spaghetti (broken into small pieces)
- 2 cups basmati rice
- 1 tsp salt flakes
- 4 cups boiling water
1. In a large saucepan, fry the spaghetti in butter over high heat, stirring constantly until it is brown and crispy.
2. Add rice and stir to combine. Add Salt.
3. Carefully pour water and stir again to combine.
4. Turn heat down to low, cover with a lid and cook for 20 minutes.
5. Gently fluff up and serve alongside your favourite meat or veg dish.
Ben Hampton is a 32 year old dad living on Gundungurra country of New South Wales. He was diagnosed with coeliac disease in December, 2020. Since diagnosis, Ben has become a dedicated advocate in the gluten free community, starting up the Instagram account A Gluten Free Family, writing a regular column for the quarterly released magazine The Australian Coeliac and host of A Gluten Free Podcast. In the podcast he explores everything gluten free, inviting guests on to share gluten free stories as well as sharing his own. Ben and his wife also love cooking and baking gluten free at home.