Gluten Free Rice Crispies
- 1 cup cashews
- 1 cup pitted dates
- 2 cups crispy rice cereal (puffed brown rice)
- 2 tablespoons shredded coconut
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- ½ block dark chocolate
- Soak the dates and cashews for 1 to 2 hours prior to cooking
- In a food processor blend all ingredients together excluding half a cup of puffed rice and dark chocolate
- Once mixed stir through the remaining puffed rice
- Line a 8×8 inch tray with baking paper and press mixture in firmly
- Melt the chocolate and pour over base evenly
- Top with extra coconut
- Refrigerate for 1 hour or until set before cutting into snack size pieces
Based in Melbourne Victoria,
I have recently graduated as a Dietitian from La Trobe University in 2020.
I have a strong passion for all things food and baking and love to share with others how fun healthy eating can be. In my spare time you will find me cooking, at the beach or in the gym.
I am eager to help individuals develop healthy relationships with food and achieve their health goals without being restrictive with their eating. My particular areas of interest include gastroenterology and paediatric nutrition.