Gluten Free Pancakes
MAKES 4 PANCAKES (approx 15cm wide)
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil or butter (melted)
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 egg
- 1 cup GF plain flour
- 1 tsp GF baking powder
- 3/4 cup milk
- Whisk together oil, maple syrup and egg.
- Add flour and baking powder and whisk to combine.
- Slowly add milk, whisking until smooth.
- Pour batter into a preheated & greased frypan over medium heat.
- Flip pancakes once bubbles have formed on top and cook until golden.
- 6. Serve with your favourite toppings.
Ben Hampton is a 32 year old dad living on Gundungurra country of New South Wales. He was diagnosed with coeliac disease in December, 2020. Since diagnosis, Ben has become a dedicated advocate in the gluten free community, starting up the Instagram account A Gluten Free Family, writing a regular column for the quarterly released magazine The Australian Coeliac and host of A Gluten Free Podcast. In the podcast he explores everything gluten free, inviting guests on to share gluten free stories as well as sharing his own. Ben and his wife also love cooking and baking gluten free at home.