Prep: 10 minutes
Cook: 15 mins
- 1/2 cup macadamias, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup halved macadamias
- 1/2 cup flaked almonds 1/3 dried cherries, chopped*
- 3 tbsp gluten-free flour
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar
- 2 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 2 tbsp premium coconut milk
- 2 tbsp honey*75g dark chocolate
- Pre-heat oven to 175ºC.
- In a mixing bowl combine dry ingredients, macadamias, almonds, dried cherries, flour and coconut sugar.
- In a separate bowl combine wet ingredients coconut oil, coconut milk and honey.
- Mix dry ingredients into wet and combine well.
- Spoon shaped tablespoon of mixture onto a lined baking tray. Carefully use your spoon or shape and smooth out.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes or until golden. Watch carefully so they don’t burn.
- Allow to completely cool.
- Whilst they are cooling, prepare the chocolate. Melt in a double boiler.
- Drizzle florentines with a generous amount of chocolate. Biscuits will firm and crisp up in the refrigerator. In warm temperatures store in the refrigerator to prevent chocolate melting.
*In place of dried cherries you can use any dried fruit of choice.
*In place of honey you can use rice malt syrup for a vegan option.
Recipe by nutritionist Casey-Lee Lyons, www.livelovenourish.com.au