Gluten Free Macadamia Florentines- Live Love Nourish
Live Love Nourish Gluten Free Macadamia Florentines
Recipe is gluten-free, dairy-free and egg-free.
Prep: 10 minutes
Cook: 15 mins
- 1/2 cup macadamias, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup halved macadamias
- 1/2 cup flaked almonds 1/3 dried cherries, chopped*
- 3 tbsp gluten-free flour
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar
- 2 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 2 tbsp premium coconut milk
- 2 tbsp honey*75g dark chocolate
- Pre-heat oven to 175ºC.
- In a mixing bowl combine dry ingredients, macadamias, almonds, dried cherries, flour and coconut sugar.
- In a separate bowl combine wet ingredients coconut oil, coconut milk and honey.
- Mix dry ingredients into wet and combine well.
- Spoon shaped tablespoon of mixture onto a lined baking tray. Carefully use your spoon or shape and smooth out.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes or until golden. Watch carefully so they don’t burn.
- Allow to completely cool.
- Whilst they are cooling, prepare the chocolate. Melt in a double boiler.
- Drizzle florentines with a generous amount of chocolate. Biscuits will firm and crisp up in the refrigerator. In warm temperatures store in the refrigerator to prevent chocolate melting.
*In place of dried cherries you can use any dried fruit of choice.
*In place of honey you can use rice malt syrup for a vegan option.
Recipe by nutritionist Casey-Lee Lyons, www.livelovenourish.com.au
Passionate about inspiring you to live a healthy and happy life, nutritionist, naturopath and mum Casey-Lee Lyons shares recipes that nourish your body from the inside out. Her healthy and easy recipes are made with whole food ingredients, free from gluten, dairy and refined sugar.
Casey-Lee shares easy-to-understand nutrition advice and healthy lifestyle inspiration to help you embrace your best life via her website and Online Program ’Nourish From The Inside Out.’
To download her free recipe e-book or to browse through hundreds of delicious recipes visit www.livelovenourish.com.au or follow Live Love Nourish on social media.