- 12 x Eskal Vanilla Tea Biscuits
- 1 sachet of Well & Good Vanilla Custard Powder (125g) – each box contains 2 sachets
- 2 tbsps dairy free spread
- 1 cup milk of choice
- 1 cup water
- Line a small dish with baking paper – enough to go up the sides – mine is a little loaf pan 10cm x 20cm
- Place 6 biscuits close together over the base of the tin
- Mix together in a bowl the custard powder, 1 cup water, 1 cup milk and 2 tbsps dairy free spread as directed on the pack (I heated in the microwave as suggested on the pack for 1 minute so the spread melted)
- Whisk until thick and smooth
- Spread over the biscuits, ensuring that the sides of the custard will be straight as it sets – use the baking paper to help you
- Place 6 more Eskal Tea Biscuits on the top
- Set in the fridge for at least an hour
- Mix some icing sugar with water to the right consistency and spread over the top. I tinted mine with Hopper Natural Food Colour in pink
You could really easily double this recipe and use the whole pack of Well & Good Vanilla Custard Mix – in fact, I suggest you do!
Note: You could easily make this recipe soy free too by using a different biscuit. Eskal Vanilla Tea Biscuits contain soy lecithin.