Gluten Free, Dairy Free & Vegan Vanilla Slice
- 12 x Eskal Vanilla Tea Biscuits
- 1 sachet of Well & Good Vanilla Custard Powder (125g) – each box contains 2 sachets
- 2 tbsps dairy free spread
- 1 cup milk of choice
- 1 cup water
- Line a small dish with baking paper – enough to go up the sides – mine is a little loaf pan 10cm x 20cm
- Place 6 biscuits close together over the base of the tin
- Mix together in a bowl the custard powder, 1 cup water, 1 cup milk and 2 tbsps dairy free spread as directed on the pack (I heated in the microwave as suggested on the pack for 1 minute so the spread melted)
- Whisk until thick and smooth
- Spread over the biscuits, ensuring that the sides of the custard will be straight as it sets – use the baking paper to help you
- Place 6 more Eskal Tea Biscuits on the top
- Set in the fridge for at least an hour
- Mix some icing sugar with water to the right consistency and spread over the top. I tinted mine with Hopper Natural Food Colour in pink
You could really easily double this recipe and use the whole pack of Well & Good Vanilla Custard Mix – in fact, I suggest you do!
Note: You could easily make this recipe soy free too by using a different biscuit. Eskal Vanilla Tea Biscuits contain soy lecithin.
Lisa Munro owns and runs Happy Tummies, an online business that helps families raise children with food allergies.
Lisa started Happy Tummies when her own son had multiple food allergies and Eosinophilic Oesophagitis and she struggled to find safe food locally for her son to eat. Her mission at Happy Tummies is to not only save other families like hers time, but to make sure that no one ever feels like they’re missing out because of their food allergies.