- 3 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 3⁄4 tablespoon LSA
- 1 teaspoon linseeds
- 1 medium banana, common, unripe
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 teaspoon coconut or olive oil, for frying
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon, for dusting
- 1 tablespoon lactose free yoghurt
- 1 passionfruit, pulp only (optional if tolerated with banana)
- Peel banana and place it into a plastic bowl, microwave on highfor 1 minute.
- Over medium heat, warm a medium non-stick frying pan with oil, ensuring the entire pan is coated.
- Remove bowl from the microwave and mash the banana with a fork. Add eggs, chia seeds, linseeds, vanilla essence, lemon juice, peanut oil and LSA.
- Using a hand whisk, whisk the ingredients until combined.
- Pour half of the mixture into the centre of the frying pan.
- Wait for the hotcake to create small bubbles of air before flipping with a wide spatula.
- Continue to fry for 2 minutes or until the hotcake is fluffy and cooked through to the centre.
- Remove hotcake from the frying pan and place on a serving plate.
- Repeat this frying process for the remaining mixture.Serve with cinnamon, passionfruit pulp and yoghurt