Prep: 10 mins
Cook time: 20 mins
- 1 tbsp garlic infused extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp onion infused extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 medium carrot, finely grated
- 1 small zucchini, finely grated*
- 1 tbsp oregano, fresh or dried
- 500g quality mince of choice (e.g. turkey, beef, chicken, lamb)
- 2 cups crushed canned tomatoes*
- 3 bay leaves
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- Fresh basil leaves to garnish
- Your choice of gluten free, low FODMAP spaghetti
- Heat garlic infused olive oil and onion infused olive oil into a deep saucepan. Sauté tomato paste, grated carrot and zucchini and stir until softened. Add oregano and stir through. Remove vegetables from pan and set aside.2.
- Cook mince for 6 – 8 minutes over medium heat, breaking meat up regularly with your spoon and stirring until cooked. Spoon out excess oil/liquid if needed.
- Return mince and vegetables to pan. Add crushed tomatoes, bay leaves, salt and pepper. Stir through.
- Let simmer for 25 – 35 minutes to allow flavours to enhance.
- Meanwhile prepare your choice of pasta to serve.
- Remove bay leaves to serve. Adjust seasoning to liking.
- Serve Bolognese sauce hot over pasta. Garnish basil just before serving.
*Keep crushed canned tomatoes to 1/2 cup per serve or tolerable limit.
*Keep zucchini to 1/3 cup per serve or tolerable limit