Easy GF DF Spaghetti Bolognese
Prep: 10 mins
Cook time: 20 mins
- 1 tbsp garlic infused extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp onion infused extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 medium carrot, finely grated
- 1 small zucchini, finely grated*
- 1 tbsp oregano, fresh or dried
- 500g quality mince of choice (e.g. turkey, beef, chicken, lamb)
- 2 cups crushed canned tomatoes*
- 3 bay leaves
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- Fresh basil leaves to garnish
- Your choice of gluten free, low FODMAP spaghetti
- Heat garlic infused olive oil and onion infused olive oil into a deep saucepan. Sauté tomato paste, grated carrot and zucchini and stir until softened. Add oregano and stir through. Remove vegetables from pan and set aside.2.
- Cook mince for 6 – 8 minutes over medium heat, breaking meat up regularly with your spoon and stirring until cooked. Spoon out excess oil/liquid if needed.
- Return mince and vegetables to pan. Add crushed tomatoes, bay leaves, salt and pepper. Stir through.
- Let simmer for 25 – 35 minutes to allow flavours to enhance.
- Meanwhile prepare your choice of pasta to serve.
- Remove bay leaves to serve. Adjust seasoning to liking.
- Serve Bolognese sauce hot over pasta. Garnish basil just before serving.
*Keep crushed canned tomatoes to 1/2 cup per serve or tolerable limit.
*Keep zucchini to 1/3 cup per serve or tolerable limit
Passionate about helping others to live a healthier life, nutritionist, naturopath and recipe developer Casey-Lee Lyons from Live Love Nourish shares nutrition tips and wholefood recipes that nourish from the inside out. Through her refreshing approach to health she aims to help others feel empowered and inspired to live a nourishing, healthy and happy life. She also specialises in healthy recipes free from gluten, dairy and other dietary requirements such as low FODMAP, nut free, egg free and more.