- ¼ C maple syrup or honey
- ¼ C (60g) nut butter
- 1 tbsp (15g) butter or coconut oil
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ½ C nuts, roughly chopped – I used walnuts
- ½ C seeds
- ½ C rolled oats
- à basically, you need 1 ½ cups of dry ingredients
- Pinch of salt
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- Melt wet ingredients over a medium heat until combined
- Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl, then pour over wet mixture.
- Stir until everything is coated in the sticky, wet mixture. Any dry spots will be where the bars crumble when cut later.
- Press firmly into a lined baking tin – don’t worry if it doesn’t reach the sides.
- Bake at 180C for 10-15 minutes until golden, and no longer soft when touched. This means the sugar has caramelised and started to harden.
- Cool completely before slicing with a sharp knife. If you get some crumbly bits, pop them in a container to use as a crunchy topper!
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge.
- If the mixture seems too dry or crumbly, add a little more nut butter or maple syrup.
- It is best to chop the nuts, as smaller pieces will stick together better.