Recipe By Courtney Roulston
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
- 500g firm fish (e.g Salmon, snapper, barramundi, cod, flathead)
- 2 Coles Free Range Eggs
- 1 cup Wellness Road Australian White Quinoa, cooked & cooled
- ¾ cup Wellness Road Australian Almond Flour
- ¼ cup Wellness Road Sesame Seeds
- ¼ cup Coles Desiccated Coconut
- 1 teaspoon Coles Ground Cumin Seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon Coles Ground Turmeric
- 12 baby gem lettuce leaves to serve
- Olive oil for frying
- ½ cup Coles Organic Dairy Free Coconut Yoghurt
- 1 whole dill pickle, diced
- 1 teaspoon Coles Baby Capers, diced
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest, plus wedges to serve
- 2 teaspoons dill, picked
- Heat 2cm oil in a frying pan over a medium heat (around 170 degrees). Cut the fish into strips around 2cm x 10cm roughly all the same size.
- Whisk the eggs in a medium sized bowl. Mix the cooled quinoa, almond meal, sesame seeds, coconut, cumin and turmeric in a large bowl. Dip the fish into the egg mixture, then into the quinoa mixture so all the outside of the fish is well coated. Repeat with all the fish and place it onto a tray in a single layer.
- Cook the fish in batches for 2 minutes, each side, or until golden, crispy and cooked through. Drain on kitchen paper then transfer to a serving platter.
- Mix the coconut yoghurt with the pickle, capers, lemon zest and dill and place into a small serving bowl. Serve the fish with coconut dipping sauce, crispy lettuce leaves and extra lemon wedges on the side.