Recipe by Courtney Roulston
Free from: Soy, Wheat, Egg, Milk, Peanut, Tree-nut, Shellfish, Fish
- 2 Tablespoons Coles Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 500g Coles Lamb Mince
- 1 packet Coles Wellness Road Organic Brown Rice Noodles with Chia
- 350g green beans, trimmed, sliced
- 2 green zucchinis, sliced
- 200ml (1/2 can) Coles Organic Coconut Milk
- ¼ cup white sesame seeds, toasted
- 1 lemongrass stem, white part roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, peeled, chopped
- 1 large brown onion shallot, peeled, chopped
- ¼ bunch fresh coriander, stems & leaves separated
- 1 long green chilli
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon Coles Ground Turmeric
- 1 teaspoon Coles Ground Cumin Seeds
- 1 teaspoon Coles Ground Coriander
- 1 tablespoon Coles Finest Pure Canadian Maple Syrup
- 1 tablespoon tamarind paste
- To make the spice paste, place all the ingredients except for the coriander tops into a small food processor and blitz until you have a wet paste. You can add a dash of water if the mixture needs loosening while blending.
- Place the rice noodles into a large bowl and cover with hot water. Leave to soak for 5 minutes, drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile heat a non-stick wok over a medium/high heat. Add the oil and the spice paste and cook for 2-3 minutes, or until fragrant. Add in the lamb and cook, breaking up with the back of a wooden spoon for 5 minutes, or until the lamb is cooked through.
- Add in the green beans and zucchini and cook for 2-3 minutes, or until just tender. Stir through the noodles and the coconut milk. Toss together for 2 minutes to warm through the noodles and thicken the sauce slightly. Divide the stir-fry into serving bowls and top with sesame seeds and coriander sprigs.