Coles Wellness Road
Brown Rice Chia Noodle Lamb Lemongrass Stir Fry
Recipe by Courtney Roulston
Free from: Soy, Wheat, Egg, Milk, Peanut, Tree-nut, Shellfish, Fish
- 2 Tablespoons Coles Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 500g Coles Lamb Mince
- 1 packet Coles Wellness Road Organic Brown Rice Noodles with Chia
- 350g green beans, trimmed, sliced
- 2 green zucchinis, sliced
- 200ml (1/2 can) Coles Organic Coconut Milk
- ¼ cup white sesame seeds, toasted
- 1 lemongrass stem, white part roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, peeled, chopped
- 1 large brown onion shallot, peeled, chopped
- ¼ bunch fresh coriander, stems & leaves separated
- 1 long green chilli
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon Coles Ground Turmeric
- 1 teaspoon Coles Ground Cumin Seeds
- 1 teaspoon Coles Ground Coriander
- 1 tablespoon Coles Finest Pure Canadian Maple Syrup
- 1 tablespoon tamarind paste
- To make the spice paste, place all the ingredients except for the coriander tops into a small food processor and blitz until you have a wet paste. You can add a dash of water if the mixture needs loosening while blending.
- Place the rice noodles into a large bowl and cover with hot water. Leave to soak for 5 minutes, drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile heat a non-stick wok over a medium/high heat. Add the oil and the spice paste and cook for 2-3 minutes, or until fragrant. Add in the lamb and cook, breaking up with the back of a wooden spoon for 5 minutes, or until the lamb is cooked through.
- Add in the green beans and zucchini and cook for 2-3 minutes, or until just tender. Stir through the noodles and the coconut milk. Toss together for 2 minutes to warm through the noodles and thicken the sauce slightly. Divide the stir-fry into serving bowls and top with sesame seeds and coriander sprigs.
Courtney Roulston first rose to fame after finishing as a finalist in Series 2 of MasterChef Australia 2010.
Since 2011, Courtney has been working as the Head Chef at the Sydney Swans AFL team, cooking for the players and working closely with the Team Dietician.
For the past decade, she has also proudly represented Coles Supermarkets as an Ambassador and has had the pleasure of immersing herself within various events, media and catering jobs scattered throughout Australia.
Having recently participated in MasterChef Season 12 (All Stars Back to Win), you can also watch Courtney in Season 2 of the popular cooking series ‘Farm To Fork’ – currently airing on Network Ten.