Chocolate Peppermint Truffles (GF, DF, Low FODMAP)
Chocolate Peppermint Truffles
GF, DF, Low FODMAP
- 1/2 C almond flour
- 1/4 C cocoa powder
- 1/4 C milk of choice
- 60g dark chocolate
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp peppermint extract
- Optional: 1 tbsp maple syrup or icing sugar
- Melt chocolate and coconut oil.
- Stir in peppermint extract, almond flour, cocoa powder, milk and sweetener if using. Mix until all ingredients are well combined.
- Leave to cool slightly, then scoop tablespoonfuls, and roll into balls – place on baking paper or a silicone mat.
- You can then roll these in cocoa powder, or dip in melted chocolate!
I’m Kathy – a student dietitian from Auckland, New Zealand.
I am passionate about showing people that healthy eating can be simple, delicious and part of a balanced lifestyle which includes all your favourite foods.
As a future dietitian, I want to help people enjoy food while also optimising their health and wellbeing. I am in my final year of my Master’s degree, and when I’m not on placement at the hospital, I will probably be doing something food-related!
Whether that is eating out, watching documentaries about food from different cultures or creating recipes for my Instagram page @balanceyourplate.