- 105g cacao/cocoa butter
- 50g cacao/cocoa powder
- 20g virgin coconut oil
- 5ml pure vanilla extract
- 30ml pure maple syrup
- a pinch salt
- 125g coconut butter
- 15ml pure maple syrup
- Optional Food grade essential oil to taste e.g. peppermint or orange.Makes 30 small chocolates or 12 mini cupcake size
- Place cocoa butter and coconut oil in a bowl and place bowl over a pan of hot water. Stir until melted.
- Add sifted cocoa powder, maple syrup, salt and vanilla. Stir until well mixed.
- Coconut Layer
- In a separate bowl melt coconut butter in the microwave on a low setting. Add maple syrup. If using favouring, add to taste.
- Layering the Chocolates
- If using mini cupcake tin, line with patty papers.
- Place a layer of chocolate (using approximately half of the mixture) into moulds or patty papers.
- Place in freezer until set.
- Add a layer of coconut butter mixture. Place in freezer until set.
- Add final layer of chocolate and place in freezer or fridge until set.
- Can be stored in the fridge for 2 weeks or freezer for a month.