Chicken & Veggie Soup
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 40 minutes
- 400g chicken breast (approx. 2)
- 1 litre of water
- 5g (1 tsp) salt
- 5g (1 tsp) garlic infused olive oil
- 75g carrot, diced
- 220g zucchini, diced
- 60g of celery, sliced
- 410g can of creamed corn
- 5g (1 tbsp) Kfibre
- 10g (1 tbsp) corn starch
- 60ml cold water
- 150ml lactose free pure cream
- Cracked pepper
- 8g (2 tbsp) fresh parsley, roughly chopped
- 12 slices of Toasted spelt sourdough to serve
- Place chicken in a large pot and cover with water. Add salt, garlic infused oil and bring to a simmer over a low heat. Allow to simmer for about 20 minutes until chicken is just cooked through. Remove chicken (preserving the water as the stock) from the pot and place to the side to cool.
- Add carrot, zucchini, creamed corn, celery and Kfibre to the stock and continue to simmer for about 10 minutes until veggies have softened. Stir in coconut milk. Mix cold water and cornflour in a small glass and gradually stir into the soup to thicken.
- Shred chicken and add back to the soup. Season to taste with cracked pepper. Garnish with fresh parsley and serve with crusty sourdough
Dairy free: no modifications necessary
Gluten Free: Use gluten free cornflour & serve with gluten free bread
Monash University Low FODMAP Certified™ recipe: One serving of a meal made in accordance with this recipe can assist with following the Monash University Low FODMAP diet™. A strict low FODMAP diet should only be commenced under the supervision of a healthcare professional.
Your microbiome is unique to only you, discover a prebiotic unique to only us.
Kfibre, a gut health range of products created by Health Food Symmetry Ltd.(HFS), an Australian company that specialises in high level science supported nutraceuticals for optimal digestive health.
KfibreOriginal is an all-natural prebiotic derived from sugarcane. The chemical free process maintains the integrity of the plant cell wall and phytonutrients, with 95% of the sugar removed. KfibreOriginal is a raw prebiotic and a versatile Gut Health Fibre.
KfibrePro SYNBIOTIC formulations are designed with ingredients that are supported by science, and notified food health relationships along with Low FODMAP fermentability & microbiome support – KfibrePro Dietary Constipation Support & KfibrePro Dietary Indigestion & Bloating.
Discover your KfibrePro feeling of normal digestion.