- 3 tablespoons oil
- 600g chicken breast, 2cm dice
- 2 rashers bacon, diced
- 100g mushrooms, sliced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 1/2 cups arborio rice
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 5 cups chicken stock
- Heat oil in a large ovenproof frypan and lightly sauté onions until soft and translucent, add bacon and fry for a further 5 minutes.
- Add chicken breast and cook until sealed on all sides and lightly browned. Add mushrooms and saute for a minute with chicken mixture.
- Add rice and saute for a few minutes and stir well to allow grains to coat in oil and pan juices. Add thyme, peas and stock, mix well.
- Cover pan with a lid or foil. Place in oven at 180 degrees Celsius for 25-30 minutes until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed. Remove from oven and to add some creaminess you can add a couple of tablespoons of Nuttelex and stir through.