Chicken, Bacon and Mushroom Baked Risotto
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 600g chicken breast, 2cm dice
- 2 rashers bacon, diced
- 100g mushrooms, sliced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 1/2 cups arborio rice
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 5 cups chicken stock
- Heat oil in a large ovenproof frypan and lightly sauté onions until soft and translucent, add bacon and fry for a further 5 minutes.
- Add chicken breast and cook until sealed on all sides and lightly browned. Add mushrooms and saute for a minute with chicken mixture.
- Add rice and saute for a few minutes and stir well to allow grains to coat in oil and pan juices. Add thyme, peas and stock, mix well.
- Cover pan with a lid or foil. Place in oven at 180 degrees Celsius for 25-30 minutes until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed. Remove from oven and to add some creaminess you can add a couple of tablespoons of Nuttelex and stir through.
Serves 4 – 6
Kathleen Hedger is a chef and mum of two boys, both who live with eosinophilic oesophagitis and severe allergies. Both her boys were diagnosed with allergies as infants and then as adolescents they were also diagnosed with eosinophilic oesophagitis.
Their allergies inspired Kathleen’s passion for developing allergy friendly recipes and being able to share them with others. Many of the allergy friendly recipes she has developed are being included in the ausEE Allergy Friendly Recipe Book.