Chia Seed & Blueberry Pancakes
Makes approx. 10 medium-sized pancakes
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 cup milk/milk alternative
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- Pinch salt
- Handful of blueberries
- Combine flour, baking powder, and salt in a medium-sized bowl.
- In a smaller bowl add milk, honey and vanilla essence and mix them together until smooth.
- Pour wet ingredients into the dry and whisk with a fork.
- Mix in the desired number of blueberries and chia seeds.
- Heat a pan over medium heat and spray lightly with cooking spray
- Scoop roughly 2 tablespoons of mixture onto the heated pan. Repeat to cook more at a time.
- Cook until the top of the pancake starts to bubble, and the underside becomes lightly browned. Flip the pancake and cook for roughly two more minutes.
- Repeat for the rest of the mixture.
- Serve immediately with desired toppings, my favourite is lemon and sugar with extra blueberries.
Hi, I’m Sarah
I am the face of @thisis_coelaic on Instagram, helping others diagnosed with Coeliac disease find their love of food again. I was diagnosed with coeliac disease in 2020, it was difficult as I’m sure to follow coeliacs would agree, but it did help me find my purpose and where I want to go career-wise. I decided I wanted to go down a nutritionist pathway to help people in similar situations. I am studying for a Bachelor of Health Science in nutrition and public health.
I enjoy adapting recipes to create more simple and quick foods while still holding nutritional value. I hope to one day create a cookbook dedicated to coeliacs, providing easy and fast options for when food is the last thing we want to consider.