Carrot Cake Banana Bread with Vanilla Frosting
Quite delicious I must say.. combining possibly two of the best flavour combos to exist. can’t believe I haven’t tried this earlier.
• 2 large ripe bananas, mashed
• 1 C grated carrot
• 1/4 C oat milk
• 1/4 C extra virgin olive oil
• 1/2 C maple syrup
• 2 tsp vanilla extract
• 2 C flour
• 3/4 tsp baking powder
• 1 tsp bicarb soda
• 3/4 tsp salt
• 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
• 1/4 tsp nutmeg
• 1/2 C crushed walnuts
• 1/3 C raisins
• 1 tbsp nuttelex (vegan butter)
• 1 C icing sugar
• 1-2 tbsp oat milk (depending on consistency of frosting)
• 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 190 degrees Celsius and line a loaf tin.
- Combine all wet ingredients well and then stir in all the dry ingredients. mix well.
- Transfer into the loaf tin and bake for 55-60mins, until a skewer inserted comes out clean. allow to fully cool before applying the frosting.
- Frosting: using an electric mixer beat together all frosting ingredients until fluffy! spread on top of loaf, topping with extra crushed walnuts.
My name is Olivia and I am 21 years old.
I am currently a university student and aspiring Dietitian, studying a Bachelor of Nutrition and Food Science in Perth, hoping to complete my Masters in Dietetics after my Undergraduate course.
I have a passion for cooking wholesome, feel good food and getting creative in the kitchen. I believe that the type of food we consume has a huge influence relating to our level of wellbeing and health.
I love encouraging people to cook more, and fill their plates with colourful whole foods that will nourish their body.