Buckwheat Pancakes with Banana and Yoghurt
5 mins preparation time, 6 mins cooking time. Serves 4
- 1 cup buckwheat flour
- ½ cup gluten free flour
- ½ cup LSA, or psyllium husk
- 2 Tbsp chia seeds
- 1 egg
- ½- ¾ cup milk (lactose free, soy, almond or rice)
- Drizzle macadamia oil
- Spray oil – olive, rice bran, coconut or canola
- 4 medium just-ripe bananas, sliced in half, lengthways
- 4 spoons lactose free yoghurt
- Drizzle maple syrup
- Add flour, LSA or psyllium and chia seeds in a mixing bowl and combine.
- Add egg, and stir.
- Once mixture is nearly combined, continue stirring and slowly pour milk and drizzle of macadamia oil in.
- Lightly coat heated fry pan with oil.
- Add batter to fry pan, a little at a time for small pancakes, or more for larger ones (most fry pans fit 2 medium sized pancakes at a time).
- Cook on one side for 2-3 minutes, then flip and cook other side.
- Meanwhile, in another pan, heat oil and lightly fry bananas.
- Arrange 2 pancakes on each plate (8 pancakes total), then add yoghurt and banana on top.
- Drizzle with maple syrup, and serve.
Chloe McLeod is an Accredited Practising Dietitian who is passionate about motivating and helping others to live the best lives they can.
She was inspired to create The FODMAP Challenge to help individuals determine the triggers of their Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) after recognising just how many people needed better support through this process.
With a Bachelor of Nutrition and Dietetics at Flinders University and a Masters of Public Health at the University of Sydney, Chloe loves seeing the improvement in each individual’s quality of life once they are able to make better decisions about their food choices.