- 1 cup brown rice
- 2 cup water
- 1 broccoli, cut into florets
- 1 drizzle of olive oil
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1 handful of fresh parsleyDressing:
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/2 cup parsley
- 3 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- A pinch of salt
- Add brown rice to a pot with water measure. Bring to the boil and simmer until water has absorbed. Remove rice from heat and leave covered to steam while you finish the other ingredients.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Cut broccoli into florets, spread evenly on a lined baking tray. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast until broccoli is tender and starting to colour and crisp at the edges.
- Meanwhile, add all dressing ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth and combined. Thinly slice red onion and roughly chop parsley.
- Heat a dry pan, add almonds and toast until golden. Be careful not to burn them.
- To serve, brown rice topped with broccoli, red onion, tahini dressing and sprinkle over sliced almonds and parsley.