Broccoli & Brown Rice Salad with Herby Tahini Dressing
Lunch or dinner sorted! Simply add protein of your choice or enjoy by itself. This tahini dressing is also great kept in the fridge for all kinds of salads or to top roast vegetables!
- 1 cup brown rice
- 2 cup water
- 1 broccoli, cut into florets
- 1 drizzle of olive oil
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1 handful of fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/2 cup parsley
- 3 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- A pinch of salt
- Add brown rice to a pot with water measure. Bring to the boil and simmer until water has absorbed. Remove rice from heat and leave covered to steam while you finish the other ingredients.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Cut broccoli into florets, spread evenly on a lined baking tray. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast until broccoli is tender and starting to colour and crisp at the edges.
- Meanwhile, add all dressing ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth and combined. Thinly slice red onion and roughly chop parsley.
- Heat a dry pan, add almonds and toast until golden. Be careful not to burn them.
- To serve, brown rice topped with broccoli, red onion, tahini dressing and sprinkle over sliced almonds and parsley.
Hi, I’m Harriet – I am a Nutritionist and Health Coach, as well as a very passionate foodie.
My hope is to educate, inspire and support others to eat delicious nourishing food and make simple and small changes to create new healthy habits in our everyday life that will be beneficial both in the short and long term.
Everyday wellness is the goal! I believe everyone can be their very own mind-body and food expert and learn how to make themselves feel their best each and every day.